On the road again

I spent two days home i Freiburg after coming from Mallorca. I did two short mtb rides with Alexandra Engen and they were such great rides. It was a bit chilly, but wearing rain gear made riding possible. I also had time to relax and recover before the long trip to El Salvador.
The flight to San Salvador via Miami was on Monday at 10 am. I had to take the train very early to the airport.
At the airport I checked in my luggage and my bike. The passport control and security control were the following steps before I could enter the departure hall. As a person from the ground staff scanned my ticket my journey got to a stop. Even transit passengers through the US needed to apply for an esta, I did not know that. I did it quickly on internet and was allowed to go to the gate.
The flight with A380 to Miami went smooth and I slept for the first 2 hours. I woke up for lunch and watched 3 movies during the rest of the time.
In Miami the stop over was not too long. Had time to sit down in the lounge for a while and I was surprised I did not feel tired at all. That would change quite quickly. During the flight to San Salvador I really had to fight to stay awake.
We were picked p by the organizer at the airport. He showed us the way to the VIP area. No normal passportcontrol, we entered the country where the diplomats do. We did not even have to pick up our luggage. Everything was brought to us.
Our accomodation for the first 2 nights is in a beach house. An amazing place owned by the organizer. We are very well taken care of, provided with food and drinks etc.
The Italian and the US team are staying here as well. We rode together today having 3 cars following us. I was already wondering how long they will be riding before they turn back. It was getting hotter and hotter. As we started it was about 34 degrees and after 86km and almost 3 hours I wanted to stop. At that time my bike computer showed 46,2 degrees. Shortly after, the rest of the girls were standing on the road. They probably noticed it was hot as well. So all of us sat in cars for the last 25km.
We will spend one more night in the beach house before we move to a hotel in San Salvador. I hope I will be able to post this and get back to you with daily reports from the races. The first race will be on Thursday and I tell you, it will be hot!


0 Responses to “On the road again”

  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Twitter Updates

Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.

Today's photo

My Blog during the 2012 Olympics


%d bloggers like this: